Administrative and Procurement Assistant, Kiev – KyivPost
Chemonics International Inc.
is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position
Administrative Assistant and Procurement, Kiev
The United States Agency for International Development in Ukraine (USAID / Ukraine) awarded Chemonics International a contract (“Ukraine Democratic Governance East Activity” or “DG East”) to support USAID / Ukraine’s goals of promote an inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive effects of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism and the consequences of the ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. The aim of DG East is to “strengthen the bond and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and the methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increasing participation in improving governance and reform processes of Ukraine and helping to resolve community issues. Activities covering the two objectives will be implemented in five project offices: Kiev, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol and Kherson.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinates cooperation with Kiev and other regional offices on all operational matters;
- Monitors administrative activities and supports the Director of Operations to ensure project practices are in accordance with the policies and procedures manual;
- Assists the Director of Operations with the occasional verification of expenses, bank deposits, payments to suppliers, as well as ensuring the proper management and accounting of funds for in-kind and cash grants, other program activities and program operations;
- Assists local and international staff and consultants traveling to Ukraine and Ukraine in arranging travel / transportation and makes hotel and flight reservations for all trips related to DG East project;
- Coordinates the logistics of all project events, including conferences, workshops and trainings;
- Manages the Kiev office petty cash account;
- Maintains administrative systems including, but not limited to, communication logs, filing systems and budget trackers;
- Maintains the electronic and paper filing system of the project.
- Assistance in coordinating and monitoring the use of taxis;
- Maintain the travel, event and leave calendar for the Kiev office and coordinate with regional offices;
- Coordinate postal services and document exchange between offices and with head office;
- Maintains the follow-up of the inventory of office buildings;
- Ensure that IT and office equipment and office furniture in Kiev operate efficiently and that the internal and external infrastructure of the office remains functional; coordinate repair or replacement as required;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assists the purchasing manager with procurement procedures including preparation and administration of quotations, identification of suppliers, collection of quotations for all files originating from the Kiev office in accordance with Chemonics’ procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations;
- Assists in the documentation of the procurement process, including the preparation and announcement of tenders / tenders, bid evaluation reports, selection and justification notes, notifications to suppliers on assignments or rejections, purchase orders, contracts, etc. ;
- Help maintain the procurement filing system, label and maintain complete electronic and hard copies of files, ensure proper documentation is included in each purchase record;
- Help with the submission of procurement packages to the financial assistant for payment processing;
- Assistance in monitoring the inventory of office buildings;
- University degree in business administration, finance or related field required;
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in office administration, purchasing, accounting, financial management and / or accounting, with preference for USAID-funded administrative experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration and knowledge of
- general best practices in Ukraine;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple tasks in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to use software effectively, including Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Teams and others. Demonstrated proficiency in Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multitasking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in an intercultural environment;
- Fluent Ukrainian or Russian required, fluent English strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Administrative Assistant and Procurement (Kiev)) indicated in the subject line before November 5, 2021. No phone request, please. Applications will be reviewed as they arise and only the finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation , sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age. , membership in an employee organization or other undeserving factors. “
SUPPORT THE KYIV POST
Independent Ukraine needs independent journalism